Public speaking is a key aspect for any airline flight attendant. We now offer a tutoring service, to assist prospective airline flight attendants, (or anyone), who is interested in becoming a better public speaker. This service, provides one on one tutoring sessions. The sessions will cover a wide variety of topics. But, our top priority, is working with you, to help, or overcome any issues or concerns. For many people, just the thought of public speaking, or giving a speech in front of a group of people is very intimidating. Even scary! But the key is, to practice, practice, and practice! Below are some of the key aspects we can cover during the tutoring sessions:
1. Be passionate about your subject. Your enthusiasm will show the audience, you truly care and like
what you are talking about.
2. Do your homework (research) on your topics(s).
3. If in a large room, utilize a portable microphone which will allow everyone to hear you.
Also, this will help drown out any back round noise. You want the audience to focus solely
on your voice. You can purchase a microphone via internet (Amazon, or similar).
4. Understand your audience. Who are you speaking to? What are their interests? Why should they listen
to what you have to say?
5. Keep your audience engaged by utilizing props: Videos, photos, anything to help illustrate your key points.
6. If appropriate, keep your audience involved by asking them questions during your speech.
7. Talk with various tones, but try to keep your voice level consistent.
8. Try not to read from page(s). But instead, if necessary, use 3 x 5 index cards to write out
key points. Possibly reading from a teleprompter.
9. Write out an outline with an introduction, topics to be discussed, and a conclusion.
Tell them what you are going to talk about. Then tell them. Then, tell them what you just said (Summary).
10. If appropriate, hand out a menu or program of what topics or subjects will be included in the speech.
We will also provide you with a long list of practice announcements. We strongly suggest practicing speaking in front of a mirror, webcam, and especially family/friends/co workers to get their feedback.